Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Papayas



I thought that it would be interesting to add to my project that my family has a papaya tree in our back yard. We just realized, since it sits on the border of our, and our neighbor's yard, that it is growing good, ripe fruit. We love papaya, and it is one of the things we like to buy organic from the farmer's market. However, the lat couple of times we've had papaya to eat, it has been from out back yard. It is completely organic, I don't even know how it got there, but we are eating the fruit. I find it amazing that we have a connection to the food we are eating. I never realized it before, but it has given me a sense of pride that we are being good to the environment, and supporting locally grown foods. Other locally grown that we've eaten is from my aunty. She is intensely organic/sustainable. We've eaten her herbs and even lettuce! That was the best, the leaves were a mixed greens and they were soo soft and tastey. I felt more comfortable eating it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment